HybridZ

Fairlday z Fender mirror Installation on '71 240

papastoy

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to hybridz and I would like to ask a Question, but before I ask, I would say that I had searched for the info I had it then lost it and now I can't remember how so I'm a little frustrated now I'm asking for info.

Q: I have a pair of Fairlady Fender mirrors and I would like to install them on my '71 s30. If I remember correctly There was diagram, but the measurements were for a RH/Fairlady......Now would have to reverse the measurements from the RH to the Left? I also noticed that the measurements are different for each side......why is that.

Thank You Very Much!

Sincerely

papastoy

Now would have to reverse the measurements from the RH to the Left? I also noticed that the measurements are different for each side......why is that.

that is because of the seating position of the vehicle, so just reverse the measurements for the LHD car and it will be correct for your car. I am sorry i dont know the link off hand, but if you had found them before then you should not have a problem with the relativly simple install

Now would have to reverse the measurements from the RH to the Left? I also noticed that the measurements are different for each side......why is that.

that is because of the seating position of the vehicle, so just reverse the measurements for the LHD car and it will be correct for your car. I am sorry i dont know the link off hand, but if you had found them before then you should not have a problem with the relativly simple install

Thank You so very much for the answer to my Question. You are a Headache Saver! I didn't want to drill an extra hole that was a mistake.

Thank You Again!

Have a Great Week!

Papastoy

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to hybridz and I would like to ask a Question, but before I ask, I would say that I had searched for the info I had it then lost it and now I can't remember how so I'm a little frustrated now I'm asking for info.

Q: I have a pair of Fairlady Fender mirrors and I would like to install them on my '71 s30. If I remember correctly There was diagram, but the measurements were for a RH/Fairlady......Now would have to reverse the measurements from the RH to the Left? I also noticed that the measurements are different for each side......why is that.

Thank You Very Much!

Sincerely

papastoy

lhdmirrors.jpg

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Hello Nigel,

Thank you for the diagram it really helps.I just want to make sure that this view "LHD Mirror Position" is the correct measurements to install the mirrors and I do not need to reverse the the measurements. is That correct.

Thank You!

papastoy

Hello Nigel,

Thank you for the diagram it really helps.I just want to make sure that this view "LHD Mirror Position" is the correct measurements to install the mirrors and I do not need to reverse the the measurements. is That correct.

Thank You!

papastoy

LHD = Left Hand Drive

There's a fair bit of info on installing the wing mirrors. It took me less than a minute to find that picture I posted.

Nigel

• 4 weeks later...

I searched this weekend as I heard this file was out there but never came across it. I looked at a lot of Google images and read a lot of forums where folks suggested it was a matter of preference where to place them. I spent the better part of my afternoon 'siting' my mirrors until I was satisfied; then it took a couple more hours to drum up the courage to drill my holes.

Although they may not be 'factory' correct, I'm happy with the way they turned out. In relation to the diagram Nigel posted, my (SAE) measurements were: A/C = 7.75 in and B/D = 10.0 in (symetrical) for the mounting stud. Btw--if anyone is interested, I found the mirrors on eBay for $108./pr + $20. S/H (fm JP) but there are only 3 sets left as of yeesterday--when they're gone they're gone.

gallery_5276_3_767158.jpg