HybridZ

Best day of my life

janaka

Yup today tops the list of all the days that I've lived.

My wife gave birth to an 8lb 4oz baby boy this morning at 6:38am.

This is our first baby and man did he come quickly. Amanda started having contractions at 330am and by 5 we were at the hospital and at 6:38am he was here. The nurses were amazed how fast she progressed and delivered the baby. All natural, no drugs even. I'm very proud to say the least. I was lucky enough to be allowed to cut the imbilical cord too which was pretty cool.

anyway pictures are worth a thousand words (blackberry pics so be warned, we didn't have time to even get her bag with the camera from the car before he was here!)

For those with a good eye you'll see that I was wearing my HybridZ shirt in the picture of me napping with my son. :)

post-3124-12701768718144_thumb.jpg

post-3124-12701768788948_thumb.jpg

post-3124-12701768944302_thumb.jpg

post-3124-12701769612321_thumb.jpg

A HUGE CONGRATS to you and your wife.  He is handsome.  Sounds like me three years ago.   My little 3 year old guy amazes me EVERY day.   You will see.  Mark my words.

BTW: He shares a birthday with Big Phil!  Uh oh!  :blink:  

Edited by cygnusx1

As a father for 9 months or so now, all I can say is that every day it gets better. :) Congrats!

Are you referring to the 2am, 3am, and 4am feedings and diaper changes? lol

Congrats to the OP!! I LOVE my 3 year old niece, so I can only imagine what it would it would be like to have your very own.

April Fools! ...too soon?

lol

my wife and i went out the night before to a bday for a co-worker of hers (she was still working) and they say hot wings will set off labour. well when amanda emailed her office today to say that she had the baby already her boss (an awesome guy) didn't believe her, just thought it was an april fools joke since he had seen her within 12hrs of the baby being born. We literally had to send a picture for them to believe us!

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

All is well at home too. He slept most of the night 12-4ish and 5-7 so we feel a little spoiled as we (mainly I) were able to get some sleep. He's a trooper, he even slept in his bassinet and didn't need to be in the bed all night. That said I had to let him sleep on my chest for a while so I could make sure he was breathing, I was paranoid, lol.

Anyway off I go for now. Thanks again!

At that weight, he's definately a keeper.

I would start collecting the parts for the Father & Son build now.....

Congrats, and yes...do start collecting parts for the father son build. I started collecting parts while my wife was still pregnant, and have almost everything I need to start building his car except the actual shell. cool.gif

post-1708-12702195673303_thumb.jpg