HybridZ

Zx trans wont shift.

Went to take car out after turbo build. Car wont shift into gear. Bleed the whole system nothing. Slave rod pushes out 1.5 inches or so but no go. When the drive shaft was not hooked up the trans shifted fine. Kinda stumped here. New clutch kit when in without a issue as well.

Ideas?

Also i should ad that there was a centerforce plate in the trans i put the stock plate back in but kept the bearing/collar that was driving the centerforce.

Also when i had someone step on the pedal i noticed there is about .5 inches between the back of the fork and teh trans like there is more room for it to go.

SO i dunno if the centerforce plate had taller fingers than the stocker or what. Will try a longer push rod in the morning and see if that rectifies it.

Edited by yetterben

Mabe different throw bearing depth size?? I had that happen once. everything worked but no go. wrong throw bearing size. I had to get a new bearing. I am using the 240mm turbo fly wheel and stock replacement turbo clutch with a non-turbo clutch fork. Thats where my issue is. I also noticed excess push-rod play before getting the throw bering changed. Now there is no play.. also I'm using the zx non turbo 5 speed.

Edited by 280zex