HybridZ

It is ALIVE!!!!

Haven't posted in a while about this one - mainly been too busy on it. 8 months (and loads of cash) later, I got fire out of her last night. Not happy with the stroker that was in it. I was killing the Vettes in the corners, but they were eating me on the straights. NO MAS!!! Pulled the stroker (and put it in my 280 DD), and put the "mule" motor from the 280 into the racecar. Yes - that's snow on the ground in Georgia...we're hardcore down here ya know!

TurboMotorIn_3.jpg

Here's the mule with most of the pieces mocked up.

ICPiping_2.jpg

Here's what it looked like right before I was about to get it fired up. Unfortunately, a laptop (Id10T error) issue rendered me unable to talk to the ECU. That was squared away rather quickly.

TurboMule_Ready_3.jpg

And finally the front

TurboMule_Ready_6.jpg

So, now it's delving into the depths of MegaTune and/or Tuner Studio and getting it "close" with the LC-1 wideband. The goal is to take it to the Walter Mitty at Road Atl. this year. I've got about 25 days....which will include a trip to the exhaust shop for a 3" mandrel bent system. Will put the final touches on the tune at the dyno prior to the June NASA race at Road Atl. Will probably go easy on the "mule" as she's got 125K on her already - but have a forged motor on the stand for when I blow this one up (which I know I will at some point pushing boost to the limits). Tuning for right at 400rwhp. Should be able to put that to the ground with 315's on the rear and 275's up front. All that in a car that weighs 2630lbs. soaking wet with me in it......Z06's beware.....

Tuning updates to follow as I dig in the rest of this week and weekend. For those of you that remember the thread "Rebirth of a Road Racer" - this is the same car.....with a new attitude.

Thank God the "mule" only cost me $150 - AND I put about 20K on it in my 280DD - so I got my money's worth out of it already. It will be a slow process getting up to 400, and I doubt I'll even have the nutz to try anything like that until I get the general parameters down. A little bit at a time, and I'll work my way up. Probably start tuning at 10-12psi. and work my way up from there. It's going to be a lot of datalogging and tweaking, but it will be worth it in the end to blast past a Z06 after getting a wave-by. Will report tomorrow and see if I can get it leaned out enough to run on its' own so I can get videos.