HybridZ

Turbo swap no spark sorry

jhill

Ive tried! Damn computer won't let me open it! Ugh. I'll give it another shot I guess.

Went back to Nissan dealership today, because there is supposedly some old guy there that knows theses cars. Turns out, I don't think he exists and I was again shown the door after they laughed at me for asking about a "Datsun" again.

Ive tried! Damn computer won't let me open it! Ugh. I'll give it another shot I guess.

Went back to Nissan dealership today, because there is supposedly some old guy there that knows theses cars. Turns out, I don't think he exists and I was again shown the door after they laughed at me for asking about a "Datsun" again.

Did you download the fsm from here? http://www.xenons130.com/reference.html

It is in pdf format. All you should need to open it is Adobe Acrobat (free). Keep trying - it's worth the effort.

Yeah, thanks for making me retry the fsm. Worked just fine when I downloaded it this time, I think my winzip thing needed to be updated.

Well it comes down to this on the car. I've done all I can, I've had a few other people take a look, they've done all they can. No start.

I am going to try another computer, If it's not that, this car will be the death of me, If it's not that I will pay somebody who knows more that I do to do it for me. I don't know if there is any local members on here that could help me out but I will pay you whatever you think is fair (within reason.

I keep thinking, lots of people have done this swap before, it can't be this hard to make it start. Can it?

Now that you have the FSM, print out the whole ECCS chapter and bring it with you to work on the car. There is a very detailed troubleshooting section that leads you through all the connections of the sensors, injectors, power, ground, etc. to the ECCS computer. All you need is a volt/ohm meter. Follow the troubleshooting EXACTLY and IN ORDER and you will at least verify that all your components are there and connected properly. My bet is that you will find something that is not hooked up properly (ignition relay?, wiring to igniter?) and the fix will be easier than you think.

When the engine fires you will have earned the "Happy Dance"