HybridZ

Differential mount

UofA_ZCar

I almost ready to start putting the rear suspension back in the Z, so I have been reading old post like crazy as I was considering doing a solid differential mount. Beings how I am just trying to build a killer street car my plan is to go with the R/T front mount and the AZC mustache bar. I figure this will allow the least amount of differential movement while still dampening some sound....... unlike a solid front differential mount. That being said is there a place that I can buy the R/T mount these days or do I just have to have on fabricated?

I was considering just welding the stock mount solid but read that a few people had done this and ended up switching to the R/T mount anyway.

Thanks and any opinions on my planned set up are welcome.

If you are going to use it with the L series, some people have had luck with using both the stock mount and Rt mount in conjunction with one another. You can also use the stock mount and then use the Rt mount with a pinion snubber/bump stop as just a limiter rather than a mount(mentioned at the first part of the post I linked). I don't think many folks have had trouble with driveline angles when solely using the Rt mount with a L series but I'm not entirely sure because I am using mine with a V8. It does lower the nose of the differential though.

Edited by 280zcar