HybridZ

"aircraft" style fuel filler (like JTaylor's)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK Folks, I've been looking at the photo of JTaylor's beautiful Z, and I really like the fuel filler on it. I think it lends a rugged, no nonsense look to the car. I think the last Z car's in the mid 90's had a similar look didn't they? Anyway, what's a good way to accomplish this?

There's some aftermarket companies that sell those kinds of fillers. I hate to say it, but you might try your local "import tuner" shop (you know, the place that sells the giant wings, the plastic "cross drilled rotor" covers, the big muffler tips, etc.). Or you might pick up one of those import magazines and look for an ad.

Mine came from a cbr 600. I talked to the guy that did the paint work on the car and he said they just cut the hole, brought the filler up from teh bottom and molded it in. Did a good job but it sucks for pracitcal purposes. You have to add gas really slowly or it sloshes out and gets on the paint or either clicks the pump off(like it's full).

Pretty sure you can order a gas lid from a new bullit mustang and it's very similar.

JT

Also--believe it or not, you can go to a boat supply place and ask to see their aluminum fuel tank "doors" and necks. Also, street rod magazines are another place to look--but the trickest looking ones have to be from the motorcycle aftermarket...

Davy

Guest Anonymous

Earls performance products makes Aviation style fillers for cars, lockable and non as well as all different angle necks. Im pretty sure Summit stock Earls products so they should be able to source one.