HybridZ

Carb things?

Hey guys,

I'm not to sure what its called, But im looking for that shield that sits under the carbs, I think its a Heat shield or something..

Does anyone know where i can find one?

Thanks a lot!

Please try to search and use a more descriptive title. Try nissan, msa, or a junk yard, search the classifieds. If you aren't doing a resto you don't need it. Not going to hurt anything.

Maybe you should do a search about Vapor lock before you say he doesn't need it, and like jasper said if it is stock carbs and manifold, you should keep it.

Does the stock exhaust really get THAT hot? I wouldn't think it would, I figured since it doesn't matter on a 280z why any different 240z? The EFI changes it that much?

If in fact you are talking about the heat shield,

and running a stock exhaust manifold with carbs, I use one, and suggest you do too.

Keeps the carbs and fuel cooler(a good thing).

I have stock "SU's" but the car does have a Headder... so i'm gonna guess it gets hot enuff.. Yeah i was thinking i would

just bend something up to work.. Thanks again.!

Does the stock exhaust really get THAT hot? I wouldn't think it would, I figured since it doesn't matter on a 280z why any different 240z? The EFI changes it that much?

On a 240z with stock SU's with a mechanical pump the gas isn't pressurized like it would be in a EFI Z. The pressure keeps it from turning to vapor and also since EFI has an electrical pump closer to the gas tank it can still "push" gas through if it does happen to vaporize. Plus not everyone runs the return fuel line which causes the gas to heat up since it can not flow through back to the gas tank and cool off. On a hot day with a header you could get vapor lock.

On a 240z with stock SU's with a mechanical pump the gas isn't pressurized like it would be in a EFI Z. The pressure keeps it from turning to vapor and also since EFI has an electrical pump closer to the gas tank it can still "push" gas through if it does happen to vaporize. Plus not everyone runs the return fuel line which causes the gas to heat up since it can not flow through back to the gas tank and cool off. On a hot day with a header you could get vapor lock.

hmm, i have an electric pump on it now... but yeah im gonna make a heat shield, it sounds like a safe idea.. You never know, a fuel like could "fall off" and pour gas onto the hot headder...

haha don't want that.

I guess that makes sense, I would much rather have my EFI anyway but see I learn things from being ignorant. :D

If I had happened to get carbs then I would have learned the hard way I guess.