HybridZ

RB25DET NEO almost there, but not

linluv84

All good, I fried my ECU on first start up and wanted to kick myself in the ass for it. But I am glad that you are finding everything that you need and tying up all of those loose ends. I can relate to that haha, it took me a while too. But when you finally get it running it's worth it.

Finally got the car (and a ridiculous amount of spare parts) moved over to my place. Now I just need the ecu and better cash flow to get going again. The ecu should be here by the end of next week and I'll find out about the job on Tuesday. In the mean time, I'll be tracing out the ecu to verify the maf wiring is what fried it...

New ECU is in, but the MAF is no good. It's shorting the 12v to ground. Thankfully I installed fuses and nothing is damaged. Now I'm looking into getting an SAFC so I can use a USDM MAF rather than track down another NEO sensor. I think the lesson learned here is to not buy from jdm_planet, or any other vendor reselling motors from Osaka...

• 10 months later...

Wow, I guess an update is long overdue. I ended up getting a MAF off a 96-98 Maxima :). I've put about 15k miles on the motor and everything is good so far. My goal of having a functional MIL is not looking like a possibility. Even with the "secret squirrel" fix, the ECM has codes for the traction control system. Hopefully I will be able to acquire the stock boost control components someday soon. Even on 6psi of boost, it pulls incredibly strong and is a blast to drive. The Bosch 280ZX fuel pump seems to have no problems feeding the motor. It holds 11.9 all the way through boost. We'll see how it does once its running full factory boost. Under average driving conditions, I'm seeing about 25mpg city and 32mpg freeway...

post-1377-076015800 1306781637_thumb.jpg