HybridZ

R200 clsd rearend howling under load

cannonball55

Rearened started Howling after I switched trans. Car has been working fine with the auto trans but I switched to a t56 which was a bit longer and the driveshaft was too long. I ran the long driveshaft for roughly 100 miles and after 20 or so miles the rearend started howling when accelerating from ~45 mph and up. The faster I go the louder it gets. It goes silent when I let off the gas. The rearend is an 1989 300 zx turbo r200 with the clutch lsd. I have removed the spacers and added cluches then shimmed the rear chunk to 90 ft. lbs breakaway. Running synthetic 75/90 gear oil with a tube of limited slip juice in it. I had the driveshaft redone and installed it tonight and went for a test drive and its still howling so its not a binding issue. Gear oil looks good with no metal in it or on magnet. Motor is a LS3 with 500 HP so the rear is getting some abuse. I've done several low 11 second quarter mile runs on it with the auto but the t56 with lightened flywheel seams alot more brutal. I have heard that gear wear can cause a howling I hope I don't need a new set of gears. Has anyone else had problems like this or know what might be causing the noise?

Thanks

Stewart