HybridZ

That hood scoop that was on ebay......

jimzdat

OK, as mentioned in another thread--there was an old NOS hood scoop up on ebay

Hood Scoop

Well, I won the thing, and I remember that there was some interest in possibly getting a mold made of it. I am willing to loan it out for the purpose of getting a mold done, but I won't just send it around to anyone who wants it---I'm looking for someone who knows what they are doing, so it doesn't get screwed up, and will be able to then turn out quality repros for those of you who may want one.]

So, is there anyone here who can make said mold, or suggest who I might contact about getting this done? I figure it's the least I can do, since these are getting hard to find.

Jim

Guest Frank Rich

Talk to John Washington at VR Engineering - he's the man when it comes to fiberglass parts. His plate is usually pretty full, but he's bound to at least have some ideas...

And he can tell you if there might be potential problems involved with reproducing a "factory" part for resale without some sort of release or licensing - funny how some folks have no sense of humor when it comes to that!

Visit his site: http://www.reactionresearch.com

Good luck!

"Lead me not into Temptation, I'm getting there just fine on my own!"

Frank icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Frank!

I'd be happy to talk to whomever about reproducing the part. It it's something that is no longer in production I don't at all feel bad about it.

I'm not at all familiar with the design, however, so Jim if you have a chance to shoot some better photos of it I'll have more of an idea as to what it would take to make a mold.

Obviously, I'd like to have some indication of interest in advance of investing in the mold. Anyone who is interested please contact me offline (I don't have much time to surf the boards, but Dan Juday was kind enough to bring this to my attention). If you know of anyone else who may be interested, send them my way, too. Maybe if we get enough interest I can drive the cost way down!

Of course, you'll get yours back plus a free one, Jim, if we get enough interest to make it worthwhile to build the mold.

Thanks

JW

JW,

What would the possibility be of molding that piece into a 'glass hood as a one piece item? I would Definitely be interested then.

I will e-mail you with this question, but am posting here as a question of interest in this type of item for all of you guys here?

Would there be enough interest in this to make it worth while guys?

Tim

Guest Frank Rich

That's kind of weird - I haven't seen that type of hood scoop for years, and now there are two of them on ebay in a matter of days.

I do like the idea of a Z hood with that scoop molded in as a one-piece unit - with the side vents already opened up and functional...

Oh, John... icon_wink.gif

"Lead me not into Temptation, I'm getting there just fine on my own!"

Frank icon_biggrin.gif

Well, the guy shipped it today (going from OK to TN--shouldn't take too long)

When I get it, I'll see if I can figure out just how much clearance it gives. I'm not concerned with clearance myself, I just like it better than the vented hood my car came with.

Jim