HybridZ

Yet another Speedhut Revolution install

Oddmanout84

Ok, so this is just another Speedhut install, nothing special compared to the previous ones. I'd like to put out a huge thanks to KTM and Ezzzzzzz (correct # of z's?), the installs they documented were what I used to get mine in. Yes, I got the blue reverse glow with the red pointer just like everyone else, but its the only color combo I really liked.

Z291.jpg

Z293.jpg

I'm still not *technically* done yet, the daisy chain wires supplied were too short for me to use gauges in my A pillar, so I temp relocated them to my radio slot which doesn't work anyway. I still have yet to calibrate the speedometer and fuel gauges. I'm not exactly sure at the polarity of the 240sx speed sensor I'm using, even with the wiring diagrams from all years of the FSMs. It has a black and a green wire, but the only indication which I'm not even sure of is a + sign on the plug where the black wire goes in and a - sign where the green is... weird. I hate it when manufacturers make ground wires anything but black. I'll have to do some further testing. The fuel gauge I'm not entirely sure of, as the speedhut gauge comes with a signal and ground wire, but it doesn't look like the stock gauge had a ground wire going to the sender so I only connected the new signal wire (as per speedhut instructions).

Very nice i was looking at there gps speedo yesterday. I wanna do it but i dont wanna pull the dash:(

Don't be scared, its easy. Just a few bolts then unplug the three connectors for the loom. Removing the steering wheel from the column makes it a lot easier too...

Completely love it. I've also been following the other install threads. Since you said you need to calibrate the speedometer, I'm assuming you didn't get the GPS type? Is there any reason why you didn't (I was thinking about getting the GPS but I keep having this dumb idea of it suddenly going "lost satellite reception" or something lol).

EDIT: The color was the regular blue right? I noticed there is a Cobalt Blue also.

Edited by Blitz21

Completely love it. I've also been following the other install threads. Since you said you need to calibrate the speedometer, I'm assuming you didn't get the GPS type? Is there any reason why you didn't (I was thinking about getting the GPS but I keep having this dumb idea of it suddenly going "lost satellite reception" or something lol).

EDIT: The color was the regular blue right? I noticed there is a Cobalt Blue also.

Yep, its the regular blue. I went back and forth between it and cobalt but eventually went with this blue. I just wish I saw an example of the cobalt, I'm sure its still bright enough. Its not the GPS speedo, because that one doesn't have the turn signal and highbeam indicator. Without it, I was afraid that I would be a perpetual offender of blinding people.

• 8 months later...

I thought you could get the GPS unit with turn signals. Confirmed. Here it is. I'm thinking about going Revolution, if I can get myself to justify the cost.

http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_description-gauge_type-Speedometer_GPS-auto_number-882.htm

I was the same way, and trust me, its worth it. I ended up getting the tach and gps speedo with the turn signals and high beam indicator. I got the green backlight illumination and it is spot on with the stock gauge color. However, the white light for the needle is really bright. I don't know if there's a way to dim that down, but I'd go with something other than the white illumination for the needle.