HybridZ

L20A injectors, where to find?

bigjohnsonzc

Are you telling me that every single L20A N/A I have seen has the WRONG injectors on it? Are you telling me that JECS just for shits & giggles decided

to use the SAME part numbers for DIFFERENT injectors that look exactly the same?

These GREEN injectors are EXACTLY the same. I've seen many L20A's, I'm always going to the wrecking yards to grab stuff. And in all my time I have never seen anything but GREEN injectors on the L20A N/A S130's.

What can I say? I'm seeing only green injectors on S130 Fairlady Z's & Fairlady 280Z's, I just don't see how every single one (I've seen a lot) have tossed out these original non-green injectors you're talking about for the green ones.

I'll edit my posts if you want to show me where in this Nissan documentation it says that the original Japanese RHD S130 2.0 Fairlady Z has something other than the green injectors.

If by some chance they are actually still green, and carry the same exact JECS part number (like you said, yet you said they are a different colour anyway), then really it's a fairly honest mistake that someone would think they were the same exact thing.

Bosch did that all the time...

I don't have time to dig out my stuff, believe what you want.

You didn't answer my actual parts substitution question, you just insisted you were right.

Like I said, believe what you want.

so i could possible use the injectors that E.D. has but Tony D ur affraid theyre going to run Lean in an open loop, due to the ECM, correct? so how can i tell besides just putting them in to see if they might work or not.. im sure you all know that removing the fuel injection system is a big pain.. so it is odviously perferd to have the right ones or the ones that will work.. lol

E.D. youve ran these injectors in your L20E correct?

it would probably help if i pulled the part numbers off my old injectors too huh? sorry guys my mistake.. going trew a divorce and trying to go back and forth threw two houses is a pain.. atleast i still got my car! lol HA!

thanks for the help guys.. keep the info comming

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So TONY D,

Do you think it would make a difference if i used the normal 280 injectors.. The CC or Unit size seems to be simmalar its just the way the ECM will see the new injectors that im concerned about.. figure some of you guys would have already experienced this and or already have done a change like this and would know if there would be a dramatic change in the way she runs.

ECU doesn't see injectors, they are an output device. The only thing it 'sees' is RPM, AFM, CLT, TPS, etc...

You can put 370CC injectors on there and the ECU won't know the difference, it will just run pig rich as it has no method for pulsewidth alteration. It doesn't know 370 from 280 from 160 from 550 from 720CC injectors. It fires the same pulsewidth based on the input signals from the above input devices. There isn't even an O2 sensing loop to know that you're rich and to taper off the pulsewidth.

It is a dumb ECU.

• 2 weeks later...

wow.. ok.. well a simple yes or no would work.. but cool thanks!

no... if they are a different part/size of course the answer is no. you cant swap in a turbo onto a NA ecu just like you cant put big injectors on an ecu that doesnt have the ability to modulate its output signals based on exaust gases etc.

Tony was saying you COULD just pput them on an run pig rich... it will "run", but you might need to clean the spark plugs every 10km by hand and you power will be stuffed et-cetera.

dont just throw anything that fits on, use the right part.

*double facepalm*

-pete

p.s. & FYI I have a JDM L20e and the injectors are a cream colour. ;)

Edited by kolonelklink87