HybridZ

Got my project running and have a question

zane9000

ok, this is a slightly old thread... Any luck getting the problems figured out? also I thought that the farther upstream you put the injector the betterhigh rpm would be? from velosity causing better mix etc... but low r's are affected. also have you thought of modifying the intake to have injector bosses in the runners? that would eliminate the problem and lastly where would the supercharger be mounted? if its going to be after the injectors then the fuel would be hopefuly atomized from the charger, if the charger is before the atomozation would be helped, but not nearly as much as if its after.....

ok, this is a slightly old thread... Any luck getting the problems figured out? also I thought that the farther upstream you put the injector the betterhigh rpm would be? from velosity causing better mix etc... but low r's are affected. also have you thought of modifying the intake to have injector bosses in the runners? that would eliminate the problem and lastly where would the supercharger be mounted? if its going to be after the injectors then the fuel would be hopefuly atomized from the charger, if the charger is before the atomozation would be helped, but not nearly as much as if its after.....

The biggest problem is that I have run out of time and money. It seems that megasquirt has done a really good job of making this system work well. Moving the injectors upstream would most definitely help, but that will need to wait. The car is very drivable in this configuration, and I need to focus my efforts on the head and exhaust system for now. I had thought of mounting the injectors on the runners, but because of the intake design and the cost of the injector holders I am using I decided against it. I think the TBI type configuration has potential to work very well once I get everything just right.

The supercharger will be upstream of the injectors. I wanted to eliminate the possibility of fuel building up inside of it and having a very expensive explosion.