HybridZ

JDM Front Air Dam/Spoiler - Can you name it?

UglyZ

So, I've done my fair share of looking at front air dams for my 240z (I've started planning to spend money I don't yet have), and I randomly came across this website: http://nos2days.com/pc/ for Nostalgic 2 Days, part of Nostalgic Hero Magazine. If you watch that little video up top, like I did, you'll see plenty of jdm eye candy passing by. The thing that caught my eye was the last red 240z around 1:30 into the video (I think it's actually a 432 as evidenced by the grill and badging on the side, but hard to tell from resolution).

I also can't read Japanese well enough to know what the description of the car says, but my real question to all those knowledgeable on the subject:

what kind of front air dam is that on there? post-5144-12721220444346_thumb.jpg

I know it's not MSA or BRE it seems to drop down way more than out. Either way, thought the rest of the Z guys here would enjoy the video (even if it's a common air dam and I missing it).

Cheers

-Ugly

Nissan genuine airdam for GB export?

No. it's not the factory urethane spoiler as seen on non-North American market 'Export' market cars. That was a single piece that bolted on to the steel front valance and corner pieces. Nothing like the one being asked about here.

I think it's a custom or aftermarket part, and it's not anything 'period' or factory 'Sports Option'. It replaces the stock steel front valance and corner pieces, and I should imagine it is made from FRP. You probably wouldn't want to ship one from Japan even if you did find the manufacturer / supplier, as it is so long it needs special shipping.....

The car itself is a "tribute" to one of Nissan's very first works 432R race cars ( although they never wore anything like this spoiler ), and it was built by 'T.A. Auto' of Kisarazu, Chiba ken. It was featured in the December 2009 issue of NOSTALGIC HERO magazine ( vol.136 ). If you are desperate, and nothing else will do, you could always contact T.A. Auto's owner - Mr Ando - and ask him.....

T.A. Auto were featured in one of Dino Dalle Carbonare's SPEEDHUNTERS blogs just a little while ago. You can see a better picture of the front of this car there: http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/03/18/car-builder-gt-gt-ta-auto.aspx