HybridZ

Which manifold

jkgts1

Hello, I'm looking at exhaust manifolds for the 2jzgte. I kind of like the manifolds that put two turbos slanted forward, parallel to each other. I know people usually do the single big turbos for this motor but I don't want the lag, so I want to stick with 2 smaller turbos. The stock setup seams very cluttered, and you have to take everything off to get to one thing. Does anyone feel me on this? Anyway I was wondering where to get these manifolds? All the ones I see are for single turbo setups. Any advice?

Thanks

... I know people usually do the single big turbos for this motor but I don't want the lag,...

I'd do some more research if I were you B)

It's definitely doable to have a low boost threshold with a good sized single turbo.

How much boost are you planning on running and when do you realistically want to have it all in by?

Going with a single turbo set-up saves a lot of money on the cost of the turbos and allows you to spend that cash elsewhere in your budget and make more power for the same cost.

I know people usually do the single big turbos for this motor but I don't want the lag, so I want to stick with 2 smaller turbos.

Here we go again! Why do people believe that going to a single automatically means they will have lag? You will get lag if the turbo is not configured correctly to suit the engine, specifically, the size of the turbine wheel and the a/r of the turbine housing. Most singles that people use and complain of lag were most likely designed for diesel applications that have enough exhaust energy at low engine speeds to spool up large heavy turbine wheels in big housings.

The way to do it is to work with a turbo reseller and have them configure a turbo specifically for your intentions. IMO, the only "benefit" of TTs is the WOW factor, far outweighed by the cost and complexity.

Im on the fence about this same thing with the twins vs single.....is there a way to setup a 500+ whp 2jz setup that is on 3500-4000 without to harsh of engagement and would be good to use with a R230 diff?

I have been eyeing the driftmotion kits but havent found any really good reviews yet on a similiar setup.

for a budget, i personally think the drift motion kit is the way to go. the t60-t67 they have should be plenty on the street. plus garett internals unlike ebay specials. capable of 500hp+ with the right fuel setup and tunning. my buddy installed one on his partners 1jz supra and says its the best kit for the price. get a smaller .58ar exhaust if your too worried about lagging. i want to run the .82ar exhaust and hopefully its not too big or to small. alot of the members on supraforums seems to run that size with no complaint. my buddy's been building supras for some time and has 3 late model tt supra's and also says .82ar is the best size he had run for his street supra. dont forget about rear gear ratio's.

i think tim on here ran the 3.54 shortnose with the .82ar exhaust and says its a bit laggy for him. im not sure what his setup is exactly but i would think 3.54 is a good boost gearing if not, maybe even lower for more room to build boost. just my thought.