HybridZ

My cars future

gb20

sorry no, just a random pic i fond on the net a couple of years ago.

I am planning on mounting some HID Lightforce lights in a similar position, i havent quite worked it out yet though.

By the looks of the pic, they are a 7" (or close to) spotlight.

I havent decided on no bumper and 180mm lights, or bumper and 140mm lights.

i would imagine that there is some simple brackets made up to mount them, probably attached to the metalwork next to the bumper mounts.

I'll take pics once mine is done, but its probably going to be a year or so before i get around to it.

I have other more important parts of the car to get done first.

I'll post pics of mine too in case I get to it before you do :) Although, I think it would be easy enough to just mount them to the air damn. Here is the front 3/4 veiw I have been working on. Thinking with it like this I could do the subtle Z kit with the fender flairs. What so you guys think? Ok, hang on a min. Having an issue with my pics.

car sketch 2.bmp

Edited by gb20

I wouldnt mount to the airdam.

a few reasons.

They'll vibrate like all hell, that'll give you a headache when driving at night with them on.

If you nudge a gutter, it'll throw out the alignment, or even worse, damage the lights.

you'll need some extensive bracing in the airdam to take the weight.

Personally, to mount them where you are suggesting, i would mount them 'upside down' with a bracket across the front of the chassis, between the bumper mounts.

try to get them to sit in as far as possible, you dont want them sitting forward of the airdam opening, It'll look tacky.