HybridZ

how to identify a 4-speed manual from a 5 speed tranny?

I was wondering if any one can tell me if there are certain part numbers for the 4 speed tranny from a 5 speed one? How could i tell other than shifting it? because, its hard to tell when i shifted if felt like a 5th gear but maybe not because it was hard to get in that spot theirfor maybe its a 4spd idk. The only thing i see on my tranny is a #sign then 5 and has a spot for 2 sensors and i looked at a 4 speed one at pick n pill it has number 4 and only one spot for a sensor.

Edited by 209s30280Z

I was wondering if any one can tell me if there are certain part numbers for the 4 speed tranny from a 5 speed one? How could i tell other than shifting it? because, its hard to tell when i shifted if felt like a 5th gear but maybe not because it was hard to get in that spot theirfor maybe its a 4spd idk. The only thing i see on my tranny is a #sign then 5 and has a spot for 2 sensors and i looked at a 4 speed one at pick n pill it has number 4 and only one spot for a sensor.

the reverse switch location is slightly different.

the 4spd switch location is located on the left spot(this one was retapped on the right and relocated for 5spd, sorry for the confusion i cant find a better pic)

RevSwitch.jpg

and this is the 5spd switch location (its on the right, notice the left flat spot is un tapped)

revswB5.jpg

Edited by asparagus