HybridZ

Does the 240z vinyl fit into a 280z?

Marine1342

Just realized that the MSA sale ends today...

I'm looking for a complete vinyl kit to replace the inside of my early 77 280z and the kit that MSA has on sale for the 280z is only the rear portion. The 240z kit they have on sale (not much more expensive, is the complete (both front and rear)

Comparing with the blackdragon automotive kit for the 280z which runs $440, has everything but the price is a turn off (so's the color but that can be changed)

My question is, does the 240z interior vinyl fit into the 280z, or did they change the dimensions of trans tunnel, wheel arches etc?

MSA Sale - Interior vinyl kit

I did a search on the interior forum and didn't find anything for viny/fabric swap. Granted I am pressed for time (sale ends today) and didn't do a complete 100% search, so any quick replies would be most appreciated.

Thank you for the input and time, and I'll take any flaming or ass chewings

Dunno. From that link it looks like the 280z vinyl is cheaper. Why would you want the 240 set? The tranny tunnel? I have a 240 vinyl set that I got used for free, and it fit. Granted, I didn't use the tranny tunnel piece. Everything else worked just fine though with minor modifications (just had to cut 2 bolt holes for the 280z shock tower mounted seatbelts).

Edit: I can't see why the tranny tunnel piece wouldn't fit as well, I just didn't use it because mine is freshly carpeted already.

Edited by Oddmanout84

There are some significant differences between the 240 and 280. I want to say that the 240 kit uses less vinyl than the 280, so the 280 kit might work in a 240, but I don't think it will work the other way around.

yes 280z is "carpeted" instead of having the vinyl, also more to remember is shape and they vary, as well as different size trans tunnels etc, You should always buy what is for your car model when it comes to upholstery kits because of the length,tightness/fit.