HybridZ

Hood scoop/hood 1 piece

Tim240z

I asked John Washington about creating a 1 piece hood/hood scoop (like the post: That hood scoop that was on e-bay...). Here is his reply:

It is possible to mold it into a one-piece hood. If I were to make a mold of such an item, however, it would involve the expense of prototype, plus the expense of the mold. Both would be much larger than just the scoop by itself. At a minimum I’d have to charge slightly more than the current price of the Subtle hood I offer which is similar. Its price is $300.

I’d say it would be worthwhile to make such a part if I have at least five people interested.

What do you think?

Anyone interested in gettin a 'group buy' together?

Tim

A friend of mine has one of these rare scoops on his car. They bolt onto the hood, or atleast thats how he had to do it. I think it did work in much the same way the hood vents work. You screw into a threaded hole or onto a stud, but I believe his were worthless and he just drilled through it.

I for one would much rather have the one piece. I think it would be easy to make it more stable and more functional at the same time.

Looking in through the sides and seeing a miniram may not help the sleeper image. emo.gif

Guest Anonymous

aargh! yet another thing my ZX can't buy into icon_rolleyes.gificon_sad.gif i really like the way that looks and would love to use it but i don't think a regular Z hood will swap with a ZX. man that kinda sucks. i would if i could... guess i'll just have to make my own.

• 4 weeks later...