HybridZ

Auxiliary air valve

Hey guys, is there another name for Auxiliary air valve? (1976 280z)

I called up few of the local parts store and they "looked" at me funny as if Auxiliary air valve doesn't exist...just because it's not in their system.

Hey guys, is there another name for Auxiliary air valve? (1976 280z)

I called up few of the local parts store and they "looked" at me funny as if Auxiliary air valve doesn't exist...just because it's not in their system.

It is actually called the Auxiliary Air Regulator. At least for my 82' 280zx. I'm sure the name for it has stayed the same throughout each model year though.

I'm surprised that the guys at the store couldn't figure it out what you were saying...how sad.

• Administrators

It should be covered in your shop manual, (Haynes manual which every member has or should have). :wink:

If you are referring to the cold running idle compensator circled in the picture below, the common term for it on '75-'78 cars is; "Air Regulator".

Hope that helps,

Paul

AirFlowReg.jpg

It should be covered in your shop manual, (Haynes manual which every member has or should have). :wink:

If you are referring to the cold running idle compensator circled in the picture below, the common term for it on '75-'78 cars is; "Air Regulator".

Hope that helps,

Paul

AirFlowReg.jpg

I finally found out MSA and Zcarsource also calls it "Air Regulator". However, Autozone, O'Reilly, NAPA, and couple of other stores locally have no IDEA what I'm talking about......