HybridZ

painters, need some help PICS

bobbyc

i posted before about this 4runner i've been bringing back. i wanted more than anything to just do the panel repair and be done...have it close enough that it didn't bug me. well now i have the fendes painted and that hard line at the foor makes the color difference obvious. i'm gonna end up blending into the door now but am wondering if this color difference will blend or if it's just gonna make a mess. this is a quick pic from my cell, you can see the fender is a little more yellow than the door. if blended will it be noticeable? is this close enough for blending?

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0026-1.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

Edited by Bobby C.

i posted before about this 4runner i've been bringing back. i wanted more than anything to just do the panel repair and be done...have it close enough that it didn't bug me. well now i have the fendes painted and that hard line at the foor makes the color difference obvious. i'm gonna end up blending into the door now but am wondering if this color difference will blend or if it's just gonna make a mess. this is a quick pic from my cell, you can see the fender is a little more yellow than the door. if blended will it be noticeable? is this close enough for blending?

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0026-1.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

I think your going to end up making a mess honestly. If you still have the paint you used on the fenders, I would try tinting it a little darker. Or tint the clear with a little black or dark grey. That is going to be a pain in the a$$ to blend the A pillar and if you have a good enough eye to spot the different colors right off the back you'll be able to notice. (others might not till you point it out, but being a painter myself that would drive me nuts)

GL man.