HybridZ

**Whohaaaa riceboy 280zx alert**

Guest Anonymous

It's funny how the "rice boy" word is thrown around all over the place now. For me to call the car "rice" I would have to first find out if it's even fast. If it is fast, by all means do what you want...but if it's slow then you get the coveted "rice boy" title slapped on your forehead. As for the car...it looks original (on a 280zx). The only things I don't like is the hood scoop, taradactal wing, and the small wheels. The space in the wheel well also urks me. Fix those things and it looks pretty cool. I would personally love to find out how he got that bumper to fit. I also kinda of think the bumper would look better without the flare fins (or whatever you call them) icon_biggrin.gif

It's funny how the "rice boy" word is thrown around all over the place now. For me to call the car "rice" I would have to first find out if it's even fast. If it is fast, by all means do what you want...but if it's slow then you get the coveted "rice boy" title slapped on your forehead. As for the car...it looks original (on a 280zx). The only things I don't like is the hood scoop, taradactal wing, and the small wheels. The space in the wheel well also urks me. Fix those things and it looks pretty cool. I would personally love to find out how he got that bumper to fit. I also kinda of think the bumper would look better without the flare fins (or whatever you call them) icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

Well, to me, V8Z's arn't rice simply because they arn't powered by the original Japanese motors, but by American V8's, in most cases, and sometimes American V6's.

To me a Rice car is a newer little car that is covered with parts to make it look cool, but that don't do anything to make it go. Also alot what a ricer is the attitude of the driver the style they use. It is where "show" is the important part.

Just the thoughts of a over 40 guy that remembers when muscle cars were two tons of steel, over cammed and they handled so bad that they had to slow to make a lane change.

Don

quote:

Originally posted by KAZU:

I'm confusing.

1. altezza taillights on civic

2. skyline / euro amber taillights on early z

Both are the same mind, IMO.

Regards,

Kazu

The difference is subtle, but it exists. It's the difference between fashion and innovation. Fashion is the rush to conform before anyone else does. Innovation is doing something differently than has been done before, and doing it well. Thinking outside normal parameters is why we're all here in this forum. A ricer with silver taillights innovates nothing, s/he simply sees the look in a magazine, then emulates it to "look cool" like everyone else does, without being the slightest bit innovative. Get the drift?

quote:

Originally posted by Fairlady 327:

i think its funny that you guyz dont like rice rockets but we all drive them.

As has been pointed out by my cohorts, "Rice" is considerably different than customization, and doesn't merely refer to the country of origin. You can have riced-out Fords, too. An easy test for Rice-iness is to ask the question: "Is it functional, and does it perform as well or better than stock?" Yes = Custom. No = Rice.

Glad to be of service. :wink: