HybridZ

Early Z Body kit

Guest Dan0myte

Guest Anonymous

i think i'm in love! that is one of the nicest looking Z's i've seen yet. 'cept for your's blueoval icon_biggrin.gif i especially like the rear scoop/fenderflare combo that looks really slick

Guest Anonymous

OK guys I'll let the cat out of the bag, I am working on a bodt like this for myself only the front end will be much different than Pierre's. The flares will accommodate 10" wide wheels in the rear and 8" in the front. If I don't have too much problem making a mold for the G-nose, I will be using it and a fully flared front fender similar to what John Washington sells on his Subtle Z kit. I hope to have the rear of the kit done by spring but as you know there is tons of building and rebuilding until you get it right with fiberglass. The kit will also have the Ferrari style rear valance like Terry had on his 1st Z. As soon as I have pics worth showing I will post.

Guest Anonymous

Les,

I've been looking for something different to do with my next Z. This looks like something I would be interested in. Would you be installing them on customers cars or just selling it in kit form? Keep us (me) informed on your progress. Now, will it be a turbo or another V-8? Mark

Guest Anonymous

I've seen pictures of this car, but only the back half. I love that scoop to the flare. I like the front, mostly, I don't like the way the flare bubbles under the front of the headlight. I also think it needs some kind of bumper. It seems to be missing something there, like a 240 bumper, chrome with the holes for the vertical gaurds filled. But I still absolutely LOVE the back!!

I would love a kit like that to be produced... I would buy the back in a heartbeat... And the front and modify it most likely...

Just my $.02

Kris

Guest Anonymous

My intent is to build these kits for sale and if there are people in the Mid-Atlantic area that would like them installed I could probably do that also. I have just moved back to Portsmouth Va so I'm still trying to get settled in. I also plan to build some other parts (hoods fenders bumpers etc) in conjunction with Mike Kelly. Production of those parts will probably start up around the middle of Feb. I also have a set of the GTU rear fender flares that I want to start producing, so if any of you guys are interested let me know, I really need a good excuse to get out of the construction business and start my own Fiberglass business.

The rear of that car is pretty nice, but if you're copying it, you may as well consider some improvements. Namely, the side "scoops" do not follow the lines of the original car. They are shifted about 4 inches too high.

I think it would look better if it flowed from the lines that are already present on the car. As thus:

bodykitmod.JPG

Also, I'm not a big fan of those front flares. They don't go with the rest of the car.

There, that should be enough from hyper-critical me...

jeromio, I agree about it not looking right with the body lines of the car - nice photoshop work, BTW!

I think he must have done it that way to get to the stock door handle. Heck, I'd just do remote door latches if I was doing the body mods like this and do it jeromio's way!

Guest tom sixbey

hey now - it looks like if it was done jeromio's way, the stock handle could still be accessable - it would be underneath the top scoop line... maybe you could reach up underneath the scoop to find the handle or something...

Guest Anonymous

I agree the front end isn't all that appealing, thats why I am going the route I stated before. I also agree about using the origional body lines instead of the ones he used. I plan to keep it looking as much like a Z as I can althogh I really like the rear Brake vents and think they should flow into the front ones.Of course this is where all of the time is spent trying to make everything fit just right, as anything that I sell I want to have an excellent fit and not require a ton of cosmetic work by a bodyshop to make it look presentable on a street car.