HybridZ

witch EFI intake apart from Victor for a 305

I have been lurking eBay and whatnot, I have a 305 (I know, I know better to get a 350, but i live in the land of $15 a gallon gas where these are not widely available) And it has the patriot heads etc, Nothing to fancy just Xanders old engine.

It has FI. the only FI manifold i have found is the one it is sporting right now (the victor high rise) Problem is that apart from the fact the hood doesn’t close, witch is just a hole in the hood away from being fixed, The gas speeds aren’t optimal on a 305 IE it is to big.

Are there any other manifold that are suited for EFI.

The goal is to built a 383 in the next year and that high intake is perfect for that.. Just isnt all that for a 305. Im looking to get about 300HP out if it witch will be cool for now untill i finish my 383.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-9901-101-1/

ports and runners are smaller

hly-9901-101-1.jpg

Thanks im looking into that one! Like said my block is nothing really fance apart from the fact im running MsS and some visual goodies (patriot heads are not top of the bill either) comp is around 9:1 and it has a 272 duration cam at .48 valve lift.

It wasnt built by me so i dont have all the specs. And im a big noob when it comes to SBC so it is a nice learning curve I’m on! Could this combo make about 300 to the wheels?

Like said this will do for now to work out all the ods and ends in the car to make it a stable platform, and to upgrade the gearbox to a t56 (it has a t5 now but I’m afraid that wont stand against a bigger SBC) then i want to go to a 383 or possibly a 400. Something with a broad road race power band.

I read allot of your post and well that is a learning curve on its own

Frank, I have a Victor Jr set up with bungs for injectors. It's basically new and I have to sell it. PM me and I will send you photos. It may be a day or so before I answer you simply because I am so blasted busy working right now.

Davy

Frank, I have a Victor Jr set up with bungs for injectors. It's basically new and I have to sell it. PM me and I will send you photos. It may be a day or so before I answer you simply because I am so blasted busy working right now.

Davy

Davy no problem i have that one on the engine now (it is the high rise right ?)

Frank, I hope I can attach this photo of a Victor Jr. You think this is what you have? Good for you! Why don't you just convert it?

smchevy.jpgincluded_parts-big.jpg

However, what you see in the photos is not exactly an Edelbrock even though it came from that company. Here is a photo of the Edelbrock Victor Jr, but with no EFI bungs: 2972.jpg Ignore the number at the bottom of the photo.

Hope this helps.

Davy