HybridZ

Door Lock Problems

Miles

The drivers doorlock will not stay in the unlocked position. I have to turn the key while pulling on the door handle to unlock the door. If I unlock it and remove the key the door goes back into a locked mode. Also, to get out I have to hold the lock knob up while pulling the interior door handle.

Thanks

Miles

Guest Anonymous

DOOR LOCK PROBLEM:

EITHER YOUR DOOR LINKAGE IS DISCONNECTED OR

THE KEY ASSEMBLY TUMBLERS FELL OUT. YOU WILL HAVE TO OPEN THE DOOR PANEL TO CHECK IT OUT.

ALOHA,

SUNNY

• 2 weeks later...

Found the problem. A small spring in the lock plunger mechanism is missing. The spring allows the door plunger to stay in the up (unlocked) position or the down (locked position). The lock plunger was designed so that if the spring falls out or breaks the lock will fail in a secure mode i.e., it stays locked unless you keep the key turned or hold the plunger up. The spring looks like the spring part of a safety pin. It appears that I will have to remove the door latch mechanism from the door to replace the spring. Looks like a pain to work on.

Miles