HybridZ

Fuel Pump replacement (early 260Z)

SteveZ

Well my stocker took a dump on me today, looking for a good replacement. I dont want to mess with regulators just looking for a direct replacement for mine. Motor is a stock L26 with SUs. Any input on a replacement and tips for the install? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

The Mr. Gasket pump is spec'd for 4-7 psi which is high for SUs, although I know a guy locally who is running it with no problems.

Years ago I replaced mine with this: Airtex 110-E8016S It was trouble free with SUs, and also triple webers. I'm still using it to feed a surge tank for my turbo engine so it clearly has plenty of flow.

I would strongly discourage you from going with a Mr. gasket. I've burnt up two of 'em in 6 months. The dude at the auto parts store said that more than half of the Mr. gasket pumps he sold came back. It Could have been because I had them mounted in the engine bay instead of right out of the tank. If you already have one I would suggest mounting it in the back.

Edited by SHRALP_GNAR