HybridZ

Finally After 2 years!

Hi fellas and it's great to be back on Hybrid Z, like the new look too.

I've got a clean 77 that I was hesitant to chop up so it's been in storage for too long.

Starting to gather a few parts so I suppose this can be my build thread.

Ideas are definitely going in the LSx department and I have spent the last year lurking over on tech. I'm going for street bruiser

and will not conform to any race rules so it's as rough as I wish. Just a heads up when making your comments on what is street

and what is race only, my DD for the past few years have been 1000cc sport bikes so I can live with a bit more than the average fella.

Round one will be a few months of body work and yanking the 2.8

Thanks for any advice and criticism is always welcomed.

pics soon

RK

Good luck on the build. My DD since late 09 has been a Ninja 636. It's nice to have excessive amounts of power when you want.

Keep us all posted on your progress.

Thanks man and awesome avatar:lol I've been on GSXR's for the last two liters but I had a 600rr that was to be the track tramp so to speak...

I've sold off the last bike to pay for this build so we'll see how far 5 grand doesn't get me :P

Ok,

1st real question: It has been said that running adjustable suspension pieces front and rear there isn't a need for the camber plates

to dial it back in after lowering the car, any truth to this or am I out more money on this?

So nobody has an answer on the lower control arms negating the need for the camber plates on the strut towers??

What is everyone waiting til I donate or what??

I'm sure the Admins would like it if you donated :P , anyways I am not totally sure but if you get camber adjusting bushings you might not be able to adjust it as much as you could if you had camber plates, so you might want to research that. Also its been slow around here lately because summer time is here for us guys in the more "wintery states" and we have been on the forums and such all winter, time to work or take the car out. :D

I'm sure the Admins would like it if you donated :P , anyways I am not totally sure but if you get camber adjusting bushings you might not be able to adjust it as much as you could if you had camber plates, so you might want to research that. Also its been slow around here lately because summer time is here for us guys in the more "wintery states" and we have been on the forums and such all winter, time to work or take the car out. :D

I have researched, sent e-mails etc... I planned on donating, seriously! I've lurked over here since 2001 before I ever had a z :P

I planned on going adjustable lca front and back but being a working man and married, I have a budget as you can imagine :(

The honest truth is that a great deal of this info is scattered worse than my poor brain after 12 hrs of UV light...