HybridZ

Airdam

madmanadam

the 50-1411 is 'ok'. i had it on my first 240 that i worked on. i liked that it was urethane, since my car sat so low. but, its sort of plain, IMO.

one that i really like is the 50-1420. i have a friend who only uses that one, as it is a great cheap( alittle over $100), light replacement to the lower valance. the pic in the msa catalog doesnt really do it justice. nice and clean look, though.

my air dam of choice is the 50-1422 kaminari. that's the only one i will use from now on. it looks really killer on the car. the center cut out has a scoop that goes all the way to the radiator support from the front of the spoiler. great design! i was surprised at this when i got mine. the price is high, but i think its well worth it. it does a great job of directing air through the radiator.

click my homepage tab and you can see a few shots of it on my car. i actually have different foglights in mine now, though. found some blue piaa round lights that fit a little better in the holes than those yellow cheap ones.

Guest Anonymous

I would really like to see a pic of the 50-1420(cheaper one) cause I like how clean and not overboard it looks. Considered this one long ago but have never seen or found pics of it. Help anyone? Looks much lighter than Kaminari too. Not sure I really need the extra strabilization cause high speed is gonna be on the quater only. Tickets are not worth it.

fairlady327 is right about the lowered cars. i am glad that it was a urethane spoiler on the 240 that i was referring to. if that car had the kaminari like my '73 car does now, the spoiler would've been toast on several occasions. i did have a little warpage on the driver side fender of that car from one too many speedbumps. i actually thought the kaminari would have been lower in the front than it really is.... and i am planning on lowering the front by about 1". my car sat about 1" lower with the 350 i had with 305 tuned-port heads.

i have an '86 trans am that has been dropped quite low, too. it has a 400 in it.. with mounts that lower the engine. i've hit 2" deep potholes that have torn my exhaust off on the driver side, as well as denting my oil pan. ouch!

73 240, i added a pic of to my photo album of my friend's drag car with that 50-1420 spoiler on the front. it's pic #21 in that folder. it was flexing a lot over 90mph, so we added riveted two metal strips from the center of the spoiler to the radiator support. keeps it in place nicely. and this spoiler is as light as a feather!! i definately recommend it.

mtj71z, thanks!! :D glad you like it. looks better with the blue foglights installed and my new euro front bumper. kinda makes a nice package.

i should be adding new pics soon to show what the rest of the '73 car looks like. i'll also be adding two new albums in the near future: one for the '71 silver drag car, and another for the silver '72 i have been working on (putting my old 350 and complete exhaust, headers to tailpipes, in it) with a friend.

if anyone runs across a '70 silver 240, please let me know, hehe. that will complete the timeline for silver 240's. 2thumbs.gif i have a '70 that's orange... i guess i could paint that silver.....

Guest Anonymous

Your garage is too clean. eek2.gif Your car is too clean. Your engine is waaaay too clean. TOO DAMN CLEAN. You bring shame upon us with your excessive cleanliness! weird.gif We are not worthy. hail.gif

Ok, it's time to go to bed. ugg.gif

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the pic of the Silver Z. It made up my mind for me finally. I love the look and I really like that it doesn't restrict flow for radiator. Looks easy to mod a bonnet behind it to direct the air into radiator.