HybridZ

Should I add pearl or not?

logan1

My car is a 240Z with ZG flares and 17X8 (F) , 17X8.5 ® Zauber mesh wheels. I have decided to paint the car a Viper red and am wondering should I add pearl to the paint or not. If I am to add pearl what color pearl should I add to the red paint?

Also if any of you guys have examples of red paint with pearl and could share a few pictures it would be greatly appreciated. :)

below is a example of viper red paint:

large_94_4.jpg

large_94_2.jpg

large_94_1.jpg

Edited by logan1

In this case I think your best bet would to lay your viper red down first and then doing a mid coat of the pearl of your choice thats reduced like 75 percent over your red.then clearcoat it.With a red that solid you would have to dump a crap load of pearl into it for it to pop like you would want it.There actually a chrysler color that is more like a maroon pearl tri coat that they use on the viper truck and stratus that IMO is a sweet pearly maroon color from the factory.That color actually is like a solid maroon base with a mid coat with beleive it or not a copper pearl.In your case i think if you used a yellow or mayby white that may be cool.You might have to experiment.Just dont mix it right into the red unless its HUGE flake like a bass boat.Do base coat red.Mid coat of over reduced pearl for deapth.