HybridZ

Average Conversion Cost

Just go with the LM7 or search a little harder for an L33 and buy one of those. You'll thank yourself for it later.

Having a friend work for a dealership, I am going to steer FAR FAR away from an L33. Apparently they are the red headed step child of LS engines. He tells me in the last 2 years they've replaced 50+ with < 50K miles on em. Its strange. Generally the lobes wear off the cam, causing noise, leading to engine failure. OR, the last one he did, he replaced pistons in it and sent it down the road. Either way, IMO, they are not quite the engine the rest of the LS family is.

Having a friend work for a dealership, I am going to steer FAR FAR away from an L33. Apparently they are the red headed step child of LS engines. He tells me in the last 2 years they've replaced 50+ with < 50K miles on em. Its strange. Generally the lobes wear off the cam, causing noise, leading to engine failure. OR, the last one he did, he replaced pistons in it and sent it down the road. Either way, IMO, they are not quite the engine the rest of the LS family is.

In my area they want just as much (if not more) for a L33 5.3 as they do for a LQ4 6.0. So unless 70 lbs was a huge factor, better to get the larger motor for less.