HybridZ

repairing rusrty roof

Well I finally got to use the rust converter on the headliner area on my 78 280z. Let it cure for the week and was going to spray the encapsulator today. Turned out that I bought 2 cans of the spray rust converter instead of the encapsulator so reordered and will redo it next week.

• 2 weeks later...

On this topic...are most of you guys treating/doing your best with the rust? Or are you cutting and welding in new pieces? My car that i just picked up has standard rust here and there, some holes in the quarter panel and roof area even. Would I be best served to take the time and cut out the rust? I would be teaching myself to weld :D

On this topic...are most of you guys treating/doing your best with the rust? Or are you cutting and welding in new pieces? My car that i just picked up has standard rust here and there, some holes in the quarter panel and roof area even. Would I be best served to take the time and cut out the rust? I would be teaching myself to weld :D

depends on how bad it is, and to what level/amount of cash you want to restore your car.

For me, I put fiberglass over pinhole rust. Anything that had a hole bigger than a dime was cut out and a new piece welded in.

Some people would say that I cheated by using any fiberglass, some people would say that I went overboard by not just using fiberglass on my floor pans.