HybridZ

Quick question about Bondo

Hello guys,

I was wondering about using bondo to fill in a few dents caused by hail on the roof and hood of my Z. The question I have is this. Do I need to sand all the way to the metal so that the bondo adheres properly, or can I just use it over the primer paint to fill in the dings?

Thanks in advance guys. tongue.gif

Depending on how deep the dents are, you may be able to do it. If they are over an 1/16" deep you should pull them out first and then fill with bondo. You need to take all of the paint off in the area, you plan to work on and a little more. You don't want to put it on very thick. Over time and conditions it can crack and fall out. The car I bought had it in the wheel well area. While doing SoloII with it, I had a chunk of it fly off of the car. Put on fiberglass flares after that. b_hand.gif

Guest Anonymous

Pay close attention to the shelf life as directed on the instructions on that bondo. After too long on the shelf that stuff does not want to stay adhered or be in any one place for long!!!