HybridZ

Aeromotive A1000 FUEL PUMP

I ran a A1000 in my 240z on a 500 hp ls3 and it burnt up after about 100 miles of use. I asked around and what everyone that had ever used one told me is that "its a must to mount them in the tank so the fuel can cool them". Over heating is a major issue. Mine was mounted at the rear of the car on the back side of the fuel cell. It got huge amounts of airflow while driving yet still crapped out. I was also told that its very important to use the aeromotive recommended size lines. I ended up selling mine to a guy who was gonna rebuild it and I just run a MSD inline fuel pump and it works great (and was a third the cost). The a1000 is not recommended for a daily driver is what I learned after useing it. Thing sounded like a jet turbine spooling up when i turned on the ignition.

Planning to put one of these on my 240z turbo, does somebody knows where is the best place on the car to put this in, do we need to built a mount ?

My Z uses two A1000's mounted on either side of the fuelcell cover. I turn one on for driving around town and both of them to race. They are loud but my exhaust is slightly louder. They are 6 years old and still functioning.

med_gallery_639_5_51007.jpg

Edited by Turbo Meister

It is very important to have your pump mounted in the lowest position in your fuel system. This is so the pump always stays wet, so it wont prime when its dry. If it is mounted high, the fuel will drain from the pump. Then when you prime the pump, the first half second it will be spinning with not lubrication(fuel). I have burnt out pumps from doing so. But I am running the MSD for my 350hp L28ET and it works fine.