HybridZ

cowl induction hood or scoop for 79ZX ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

im in need of a cowl induction hood or just scoop to fit 79ZX no luck finding a scoop that will fit have looked at many measured,measured again, no luck anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance, Randy

Guest greimann

Are you trying to work out a hood clearance problem, or just want a cowl induction hood? If it is a clearance problem, explain your setup and maybe us ZX'ers can help.

Guest Anonymous

yes Greimann,definitley hood clearance problem. my setup is,400 s/b with Performer RPM intake. used to have a torquer 2 intake and the hood just barely shut,now its far from closing. just so i could drive it withthe hood on,i cut a hole in the hood,nice cut with some chrome trim around it and a dual quad type stack for the time being,but i cant get caught in the rain with it. a functional scoop would be great just not sure where to start?

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Greimann,another friend of mine made the same suggestion and i never persued it. i really like the shaker type scoop and the idea of it being water tight, will let you know what i find. the search is on now for a source for these. Thanks, Randy

Guest Anonymous

JC Whitney sells both fiberglass and abs plastic hood scoops and the prices are pretty reasonable. I have never seen a cowl hood for the ZX, if anyone knows where to get fiberglass body kits for these cars, please post a link.