HybridZ

Can a 240z dash fit into a 260z?

Guest Zpeed

Guest Zpeed

I know that the dash's are a tad differant, but I have a source of a perfect 72 dash, that i can get my hands on. and i need to know if the points are the same, like the attachment points and the such, if anyone has any experiance in the matter, please help!!

thanks

Guest Anonymous

My help on your problem is limited but I used to do a lot of work on Datsun 620 Pick-ups (1973-79) and all the dashs all interchanged but the WIRING was another story and the electrical nightmare that refused to interchange without a lot of work..I recently found that my 1977 280 Z project's wireing was horribly spliced in the engine compartment from some prior mishap which I suspect was from a bad accident in it's youth since the passenger side suspension shows serious alignment tinkering once upon a time...My salvation that among my parts cars is another 1977 of same type tranny and options including being non Californian which I took out the engine wiring harness for the project car.No connection problems. My point is: If the two cars were not of the same disposition, I would have never sought to interchange the wiring....................I suspect if your 260 dash is the early model,it will probably bolt up but do not expect the wiring to connect at all points (?) but hell ,it sounds like a wiring adventure to me worth a new looking dash. Go for it!!

The dash itself will bolt right in. I have a 76 280Z dash in my 74 260Z. You will have to work with the wiring harness though as this is different from year to year. Unless your good with wiring this is best left to a pro. Try to provide the electrician with a scematic from both years as these are old cars that they are likely not to have scematics on. Good luck! Rick

Guest Zpeed

mmmmm.. i might just get the dash, and re-sell it to my friend who has a 72, and i'll just wait for a good 76 dash to come around..

thanks guys..

The 240 dash will not bolt into a 260 without modifications to the mounts. I have a 240 and a 260 sitting in my garage right now and could shoot some pics of the mounts if you like. Both cars are stripped at the moment. Let me know.

ZSpeed - I had to adapt a '73 and up dash to my '71 because the fiberglass shell I bought from VR Engineering only fits '73 - '78 cars. It was a ton of work because the steering column is on a different angle and the whole center portion with the HVAC controls and vents is different.

Sorry. frown.gif