HybridZ

How do you remove the side and rear window(s)?

icapture

Hey guys. Im in the process of doing the Rustoleum roll on paint job to my Z and I am wanting to remove the rear and side windows. I know I could just tape around the rubber seals, but I will be eventually stripping the car and getting it media blasted, so I'm gonna have to figure it out eventually. Plus removing the rear window will also help me sanding the rear hatch. For whatever reason the paint sands different on the hatch compared to the rest of the car. As for the rear windows I have removed the screws but its not budging. Is there some type of glue in there that needs to be heated up in order to remove the window?

As for the rear window. What do I have to do to take it out? Do I have to remove the chrome inserts first? We just pushed on my front windshield and it just popped right out. But the same doesnt work for my rear window.

you just push the side windows out, after the screws are out. it's pretty tough. The rear hatch is the same as the windshield, just a different shape.take the chrome trim out, carefully to keep it from kinking.

exactly what he said ^------- pull the 1/4 windows toward the front of the car and the entire thing will come out.

On a side note, how far are you in the rustoleum paint job? I'm going to start painting my car soon the same way, but I am still reading up on how to sand the car prior to painting with the rustoleum. It sounds like I don't even have to prime the paint before doing the rustoleum . . . are you?