HybridZ

Northern Virginia MS and Z people?

xxjoeyxxeb

I just moved to the Chantilly, VA area and am trying to find some people with Z's for meets and for working on cars. I have a 260 with an l28et with MSI. I need some help getting rid of voltage spikes and resets and just other random little things. IF anyones in the area and wants to meet up or anything let me know!

Joey, I'm not a megasquirt expert, but I live in chantilly. I'm always down to talk about Z's and putz around in the garage. There is also a member of the Northern Virginia Z car club that lives in Chantilly.

1 way to introduce yourself to the local Z community would be to attend a "cruize-in" we have every 2nd Saturday of the month. I wont be able to attend this time due to other plans, but there should be a few other members. Go to http://www.zcarclubnova.org/ and look under events.

I also live in Chantilly and have a '72 240Z project. I have a MSII box but the engine isn't in the car and its not running so I'm not yet real familiar with tuning the Megasquirt. I'm more than willing to meet up and help with the other Z stuff though!

T-Bone and junglist, I'd be great to meet more people in the area. Have either of you been to the Dulles Chik-fil-A Friday night meets? I stumbled upon it last week and it had a really nice turnout! I'm hoping to stop by sometime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to a Dulles Chik-fil-A meet a long time ago, like 4-5 years ago in my 350Z. I haven't been in awhile so I don't know if the turnout is the same or not. Was it a lot of imports or was it mainly American car guys? There is another meetup spot in Manassas at the Burger King at the intersection of the Route 234 Bypass and Route 28...but it seems to be mostly hotrods and muscle cars and a few riceboys, I haven't seen many cool euro or well done japenese rides there.

The "scene" (if you can call it that) used to be a lot stronger here around DC from '00-'04 but just isn't the same anymore. I used to have a fully worked out Integra GS-R and I went to a lot of local meets and events. Kinda stopped doing that once I had my 350Z other than going to dyno days and 350Z meets, I started more going to Summit Point and stuff for track days, Hyperfest, etc. There are a few local shops that might still have good meets every once in awhile, like P-Tuning in Manassas, Altered Atmosphere in Gaithersburg, MD, Function Tuned (350Z/G35 shop) in Sterling. I'm sure most of those places would love and appreciate seeing a turbo S30Z.

I'm not in VA but i used to work in chantilly near the police academy. I always down for a meet and greet im not far outside of nova at the Wilson Bridge. I used MS2pcb3 on my turbo 325e but im not great at fixing it. There is also some guys in the manasas area who have drift events at old dominion some of them use ms and know more about it.