HybridZ

Unknown engine device

I forgot who's engine bay pic i took but it show a quick and clear method to find out what this part is.

Zenginebay.jpg

I think it is the Idle Air Control valve but I am unsure. On the wire loom there is a pair of male and female connectors; how do these wires interface with this device or can they just be plugged into it either way?

That is the Auxiliary Air Regulator. If I remember correctly a plug, like a fuel injector plug, get plugged into it at the bottom left corner of the box you circled. I am not sure what pair of male and female connectors you are talking about.

Both diagrams are identical. The part is the AAR and is shown on the EFI schematic breakdown. The AAR has power when the key is on. After the car has run a while, heat from the coolant line under it keeps the bimetallic closed to stop fast-idle. The Electrical Connection is to provide power and ground to a heater element in it to heat the bimetallic strip controlling the shutter bypass around the throttle plate to give fast idle speed.

Both diagrams are identical. The part is the AAR and is shown on the EFI schematic breakdown. The AAR has power when the key is on. After the car has run a while, heat from the coolant line under it keeps the bimetallic closed to stop fast-idle. The Electrical Connection is to provide power and ground to a heater element in it to heat the bimetallic strip controlling the shutter bypass around the throttle plate to give fast idle speed.

I almost forgot, I got my harness out of a '77, is that the same also?

Different subject altogether. Later cars used Oil Pressure to maintain the fuel pump, earlier cars used a set of contacts in the AFM.

Does this car run at all?

I wish it did. I have had it for the past 7 years and I have had wiring problems ever since the engine rebuild and before. When I got it it had a rat nest on top of the motor directly on top of the injector loom and fuel rail. The wiring was wired incorrectly and I was trying to repair it until I gave up and then bought a wiring harness from a '77. Getting this car running will be a pinnacle of my young life (at this time anyways). If I can get this car to burn fuel in the combustion chamber one way or another I will be extremely happy. I don't mean to write you a novel but this car is so important to me. everyone in my family is looking at me and this car as a failure that will never go anywhere. Could this harness be why I am not getting signal to the fuel pump? That is my current no start problem at this time. Do i need to get a '75 or '76 wiring harness?