HybridZ

LS1 Harness/PCM on 24x ls2?

(disclamer: I did a search but couldn't find any positive info. I apologize if i overlooked it.)

I have this 05 LS2 engine. It was one of the early ones with the 24x reluctor wheel.

Can anybody tell me if a harness and pcm from a ls1/ls6 work on my LS2, being that they both have the same wheel?

It can be made to work, but it'll need to be modified a bit.

The knock sensors and cam sensor are in different locations and have different weather-connectors. Also the injector plugs are different.

On the LS1 the the knock sensors are under the intake manifold and on the LS2 they are on the side of the block. The cam sensor on the LS1 is on the rear of the block just behind the intake manifold near the oil pressure sensor, on the LS2 it is on the front (timing) cover. The LS1 uses EV1 style injector plugs and the LS2 uses EV6 style injector plugs. They can be easily changed or several companies sell adapter plugs that go from EV6 to EV1 or visa-verse.

If memory serves, the actual weather-connectors for all other sensors are the same between the two engines.

Take care.

Edited by Cable

Thats exactly what i was looking for, thanks!

So, in all likelihood, i'm going to be using a ls6 intake manifold, so the injectors won't be an issue. So essentially i would just need some sort of extension harness for the cam sensor and the knock sensor? Like this: http://www.southerncarparts.com/corvette-knockcam-harrness-ls2ls7-p-1968.html

It can be made to work, but it'll need to be modified a bit.

The knock sensors and cam sensor are in different locations and have different weather-connectors. Also the injector plugs are different.

On the LS1 the the knock sensors are under the intake manifold and on the LS2 they are on the side of the block. The cam sensor on the LS1 is on the rear of the block just behind the intake manifold near the oil pressure sensor, on the LS2 it is on the front (timing) cover. The LS1 uses EV1 style injector plugs and the LS2 uses EV6 style injector plugs. They can be easily changed or several companies sell adapter plugs that go from EV6 to EV1 or visa-verse.

If memory serves, the actual weather-connectors for all other sensors are the same between the two engines.

Take care.

Edited by rustrocket

So essentially i would just need some sort of extension harness for the cam sensor and the knock sensor?

Yes and the ends will need to be changed to the LS2 style knock and cam sensors.

EDIT: Just noticed you edited you last post.... Yes that adapter will do nicely.

Edited by Cable