HybridZ

Almost ready to paint

Guest Big Phil

Guest Anonymous

Jeff shared your thread with me... love the rear end... will try to do the same only using vette lights on the rear.. thoughts... ideas??? Lonestar Zee

Guest Anonymous

Wow, great work! I like the rear treatment, and think that once its painted (and the exhuast is redone ;) ) the rear wont appear nearly as large as its being made out to be. The rest of the car looks great, i have a few new ideas now smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

big phil, I learned the hard way NHRA will not let you run without some form of external door handles. I copied the pro-mod guys with just a door lock rod close to the door edge and near the glass channel opening. Not very noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bang847

Phil... first of all... that picture labeled old side.. looks great?? how can it be old? :D

second... do you have multiple Z cars or did you try those lights on several times?

Man.. must be alot of work!... I dunno.. Im is a toss up between version 2&3... I guess that why I want 2 z cars huh?

2thumbs.gif

That is a cool mirror too.. where is it from and how is it mounted?

Guest bang847

oh... owen... i think i have a extra trunk solienoid... it is a generic model and requires a relay... but then i got extra relays too...

Phil,

Looks great, although it maybe needs a subtle final touch to break up all the open space under the tailights. Have you seen the thin, chrome wrap-around bumpers from the older sports cars like XKEs and Fiat 850s? The early Fiat 124s had them also, but were a bit wider and heavier looking. These rear bumpers wrap from the side of the car, like the original 240Z, around the back, and turn down verically about at the license plate area; i.e. there is a right and a left and neither crosses the midline. DAW

Guest Anonymous

if i could take a picture of what my fantasy Z looks like it would be that... very nice body work (MSA fiberglass front air damn?)... the rear looks great!

EDIT: is that the MSA #50-1409 front piece?

Guest Big Phil

Thanks for the honest opinions as well as the postive comments. I totally agree that the rear needs something. I'm planning on fabricating a rear bumper. I haven't decided if I'm going to make it out of fiberglass or metal yet.

The mirror is a billet aluminum unit which I purchased from a local hot rod shop. I think it looks cool but its a little too small to truly be effective.

Phil