HybridZ

Catch can location in an S30 LS1 engine bay (pics please)

Just trying to sort out where the best place is to install an oil catch can / breather tank in my engine bay. It's an LS1 obviously. I'm currently making a radiator overflow tank that will go on the LH front wheel side of the radiator, and the engine pcm is there also so that space is taken up. Where have others placed such a set up in their engine bay??

I also noticed there isn't an 'S30 LS1 engine bay pics' thread, so maybe this could also be such as thread.

Keen to see your pics.

post-5891-057862400 1278589180_thumb.jpg

I've decided its going to go just in front of the RH bank. Our Australian LS1's have two breather hoses coming from the RH rocker cover and one big one from the LH. To keep it legal, these three breather hoses will go to the baffled catch can, and a single hose will return to the inlet manifold. Just before the current hose enters the inlet manifold, there is a PCV valve. Not sure how US ones are set up. Does this need to be there, and what difference would it make if it wasn't?

Cheers

Proposed set up:

post-5891-086391200 1278703131_thumb.jpg