HybridZ

78' 280Z Maxi Fuse Install - Need Help

Gilli

I have read the "http://www.zcarcreations.com/howto/maxifuse.htm" guide and I'm getting stuck around step 19. I have cut and installed the white/red wires into the maxi fuse unit in spots 2,3,4.

panmont2.jpg

But I'm lost when it says:

"19. The following step involves options. The purpose of this step is to make the electrical connection to your fuse panel inside the car. This is accomplished by connecting the wire labeled Main to the supplied wire that is located at the junction of wire 1 from bottom of fuse center. To locate this wire, follow the red wire 1 from the bottom of the fuse center until the junction is found. Select the smaller wire at the junction. Label this wire New."

The guide never told me about where this "red" wire came from!

And, Looking at other peoples' maxi fuse setups, they don't even have a red wire. They have another white/red wire in that spot!

IMG_3189.jpg?t=1252709806

646279379_oHkmF-XL.jpg

If anyone can shed some light upon me, that would be great.

Well my problem is finding the other "white/red" wire.

As I overlook my wiring, in the Atlantic Z maxi fuse guide they talk about cutting the wire that goes into a "T" shaped plug that plugs into the back of the alternator. They labeled this wire "Main". It is a white/red wire. Is this the wire that goes into the first slot in the maxi fuse block? I'll try to get a picture to show if you don't understand.

tplug.jpg

This is the "T" shaped plug. There is 2 wires. Top wire is the white/red and bottom is a tiny blue wire. The white/red one goes past the firewall into the passenger feet area. Do I snip the top of this wire and route it to position "1" in the maxi fuse block? I can't find another white/red wire so this must be it then huh?

yes, and if it is in your alternator currently I strongly suggest not screwing with it.

if you have all of your Red/white wires going to your fusible links, why worry about it so much.

take the four wires you need

Headlight relay

Efi relay

fuel system

alternator starter relay

and then take the wire from the starter like I did and others have done, things are alot more simple then they sometimes appear, unless of course your in a paradox universe like Tony D or your in the twilight (the homo free) zone.