HybridZ

Koni Red HD Struts

I found a set of decent Koni HD struts in a set of suspension components we took off a 240Z. All (F/R) are in good shape. They struck me as being very high quality. I also 'found' a set of black strut inserts. These had a Datsun stamped logo on them and were black. They look like modern Tokico's, abeit non-adjustable. How do the Koni's compare to new Tokico 5-way adjustables?

I'm used to finding crushed stuts (due to water, then freezing). This was the first time I came across good ones. Something tells me I could have save some money on my suspension rebuild by using the Koni's, but frankly there was no way to know they would be in good shape.

I'm not sure if they need to be rebuilt, but I checked on the factory authorized rebuilding and I think they charge in the neighborhood of $150 per strut to rebuild them. That might explain why people buy the Tokicos.

I'm not sure if they need to be rebuilt, but I checked on the factory authorized rebuilding and I think they charge in the neighborhood of $150 per strut to rebuild them. That might explain why people buy the Tokicos.

The Konis are generally a better shock then the Tokicos, but if price is a concern the Tokicos are a better deal.