HybridZ

Air Regulator / Idle Question

240Z_Master

Last question I swear,... I noticed my Air Regulator isn't hooked up (yes more of the half assery done by me, but I am cleaning this stuff up)... the one with the light blue wire and black/yellow ground wire... (I think it has a blue plug)... also can't find the wire on the pinout of the ECU...

My problem

The car idles perfectly fine... but when I rev up the car (while the car is standing still) everything is fine until the RPMs drop and the car ALMOST dies.

Questions

1) Does the air regulator effect this?

2) Do I need the air regulator wiring hooked up

3) Where does the air regulator wiring go on the ECU?

4) I have read you can just power up the blue wire to (12v) and black/yellow to (-)?

This should be my last question... Thanks ladies and gents.

This sounds like a blow off valve. Are you running one that asparates into the atmosphere? I'm not hone right now but I can check it out when I get back if the blow off valve is not the problem.

It could be the vented BOV... I'll try to adjust the diaphragm on the BOV to see it it helps

What kind do you have? My hks ssqv (expensive I know) eleviated this issue for me, my engine would almost die when coming off a rev, but it never actually would die. Thats exactly what my stock one did when I vented it for a while. Has it been doing this or did it just start to do it when you messed with the wiring?

What kind do you have? My hks ssqv (expensive I know) eleviated this issue for me, my engine would almost die when coming off a rev, but it never actually would die. Thats exactly what my stock one did when I vented it for a while. Has it been doing this or did it just start to do it when you messed with the wiring?

Well before my car used to idle at like 1000-1200 RPM... now the idle is normal. I messed with the wires and I honestly don't think that had much to do with it... Upon undoing my wiring I noticed the air regulator, and the FICD (purple plug?) wasn't hooked up... the only thing that was hooked up that wasn't messed with was the IAA/AAC unit (brown plug) [side note.. .what does IAA stand for?].

I think I have an idea what the problem is... I capped off one of the lines because well... I didn't want that hose anymore. The line is the big fat hose off the IAA unit... where is that hose supposed to be routed to?

The little hose off of the IAA is routed to the air regulator, and the other end of the air regulator is routed to the intake manifold.

EDIT

Just found out purple plug is for FICD... not needed (phew)

post-569-076253500 1279067780_thumb.jpg

Edited by 240Z_Master

Sorry.. more posting to my own answers... I think what I need to do is route the big hose to my intake manifold and I should be golden...

If you look at the right side of the diagram you can make out something that looks like a IACV... one end goes to the air regulator.. the other end goes to "To Intake manifold, resonator"... so instead of capping the line if I throw it back to the manifold it SHOULD solve my problem? I'll do this tomorrow and update as needed.

post-569-091475800 1279069949_thumb.jpg

You are correct, we don't need the purple plug. And to add credience the fat hose you are refering to does run to the plenum. I have a stock plenum and the stock hose, it's a real long ugly one haha. But in any case it connects to the bottom of the plenum. I assume you are running a Greddy unit? Is there a spot for it to connect to?

Also let us know what's up when you run that line . I'm interested. If you run the line to your greddy plenum and it persists then maybe you'll have to recirc you bov which would suck. Might sound kinda ricer but I think the pssssh adds to the turbo experience.

The GReddy manifold has no real spot to hook it up.. But it does have an extra port that I currently have capped off which is about a 3/8 hose... So I'll probably need to go to Home Depot or Lowes and hang out in the plumbing department for a few minutes to see what solutions I can come up with.. I think the big fatty hose is a hefty size of 3/4"

So I hooked up the IAC hose to the plenum, and the good news is that the car doesn't completely stall out after load (while in neutral not moving)... also looking over the original cross over or J-pipe on the stock RB25 Manifold, I think the big bung/pipe is for the IAC... so most likely I'll just run it like it is for now until I can get the bung welded BEFORE the throttle body.

*** Even better good news ***

I went and got a bung welded onto my charge pipe where my BOV is... hooked up the fatty 3/4" IACV hose to the pipe and no more stalling issues at all... or drops in RPMs... now my set idle screw even works!

Thanks everyone for your help... awesome forums ftw

Edited by 240Z_Master