HybridZ

Choking down Weber 45's

SHRALP_GNAR

So i have some big ol' 45mm webers on my L24. It's got MN47 head(rebuilt,some mystery cam work),headers, 2 1/2 pipes, crane cams ignition, 77' 5-speed, and a r180 411 diff. The carbs work great after replacing some missing some missing aux. venturis. my only complaint is a slight sputter in stop and go traffic. Other than that it's a rocket ship. The chokes that were in the carbs had been custom bored out or something because they are all roughed up and there is no sign of a number but they measured about 37mm. I was thinking about what size chokes to replace them with but i'm kind of torn between 32's and 34's. For being 45 the carbs are working remarkably well on my L24 as they are so i was thinking of going with some slightly bigger chokes like the 34's, even though the 32's seem like the logical choice.

Any thoughts?

The throttle plates look dead on. I don't want to mess with the idles at all until a get a syncrometer that'll fit 'em. I have one for my SU's but i dont have air horns yet so i can't use it on the webers. I think they WERE in tune when they came off the last car. The jetting feels great. No problems at all under WOT. I know i can't really tell until i sync'em myself.

Edited by SHRALP_GNAR