HybridZ

SBC prices...

Well, i had to move, forcing me to sell my newly rebuilt 327, so now i'm on the prowl for a new motor. My boss at the garage i work at has a running 305 in an 84 blazer with a turbo 350 tranny, how much do you think i oughtta offer him for it? it's a running motor, with all the accessories and such, and i'm thinking of offering him 750 for the whole shootin match. Is that a good price? any feedback is appreciated...

Bill

You could always try for less. The 305 engines are not anywhere near as popular as 327 engines for performance swaps. Start out with $500 and then you can always go up from there. You have nothing to lose by starting low. Personally, I would not get a 305 unless it was a deal I could not refuse.

Davy

I wouldn't pay more than $400 for a 305, even running unless it's a TPI motor. You can't seem to give them away down here. I would think that $500 would get you a decent running 350. Hell, for $1500 you can buy a complete car with 305 TPI power. Last week there was a 350 TPI car in the paper here in Austin for $1700. I don't know where you are at, but I've got a running 305 minus accessory drive I'll let go for the $250. It is a roller cam motor from a '90 RS Camaro. For another $150 I'll throw in the wiring harness and computer for the TBI setup.

Thanks for the info, mike. I am in Austin as well, on the east side around 183 and manor rd. Think i could come see it some time? Is the 305 running good or what? I'm lookin for cheap at this point more than anything else... I threw the main drive pulley on my 81 zx and now the crank is shot (and i refuse to put a 6 cylinder back in there) thanks for the responses!

Bill