HybridZ

Monguuz wants to be back on the street

As if I didn't have enough projects already for the next decade, I purchased Tim240z's '73 240z from mark here and plan to get her back on the street. She got delivered today and still looks great! Here's how she sits in my garage:

med_gallery_212_808_57328.jpg

med_gallery_212_808_341861.jpg

I've already sourced an engine and transmission. Tim240z had an lt1 backed by a t56 in it when he originally did this car. I'm going to also install an lt1, but will use an overdrive transmission (4l60e). I'll take delivery on that in a few weeks (thanks deja).

The car needs brakes and the rear suspension will need to be redone. There are mms coilovers on the front. It originally had wilwoods on the front, but the calipers were taken for another project. Tim had an r230 setup in the back that got sold sometime before he decided to sell the body. It has strut assemblies (not sure if 240 or 280 at the moment, but no coilovers) with unknown springs and no brakes hooked up. I'll put coilovers in the back to match the front. I'm not sure what rear brakes I'll do. I have an r200 lsd that I had intended for my silver 240 that will go in this car, along with z31 turbo cv's.

Here's the site Tim240z had put together when he did the car: Tim240Z's Monguuz Build

He did a lot of great work to this car.

This is essentially placeholder for now. I have a lot of plans, but need to finish up my 260z before I really start this one.

Edited by nullbound

• 5 years later...