HybridZ

another ? @ doors

denny411

How much lighter are the 240 doors vs 280 doors? and will the 240 doors directly bolt onto a 280?

My thoughts are, I like the rigidity of the 280 body and was thinking that if they will bolt up I could use 240 doors. this would save some weight but not sacrifice the torsional strenghth of the car. looks like a win/win to me.

any thoughts? weird.gif

Well the good news is that the 240 door is quite a bit lighter than the 280 door (my guess is about 20lbs). The bad news is that the latch mechinism is completely different from one to the other.

I am sure you can change out the latching mechinism but it is probably going to be alot of work that will return some of the weight that you are trying to get rid of. Most of the weight difference is in the reinforcement beam in the door, the 240 has a stamped piece of metal that you could bend over your knee while the 280 has a bar in there that would break your knee if you tried to bend it.

My thoughts are that unless you are racing and need to pick up a tenth of a second the work would not be worth it.

Dragonfly