HybridZ

Ultra White / Blue Headlights

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey All

I've just upgraded my new zeds lighting to some really nice Halogen H4s.. and am wanting to go a bit further and put in some of them white light filaments.. I can pick some up for around 70 for the set, and they plug into the H4s just fine

the real question is.. is there any way to access the light housing without taking the wheels off? I'm pretty sure to actually change over the lights or get them out you need to.. but if I'm just changing the filament can I just turn the wheels all the way to gain access? I tried it and had a look - but I'm not sure how easy its going to be once you take off the cover.. And I don't want to start messing around till I have to

And yeah.. it's borderline rice.. but it will look really nice and modern, plus its a higher wattage so it is actually brighter

cheers

its easier if you pull the wheel off, but you can get away with turning the wheel all the way to the left or right to get access, its a little cramped if you have large wheels. tell me what the lites are like, im looking into coppin a set.

Guest Anonymous

hmm.. that might proove a problem

the zed I tried it out on (my stocky) only has thin wheels.. meanwhile the new zed has 8" at front..

will check tonight

and yeah - there will be photos when its done!

Not sure about the question...but I have the H4 rounds from Ebay. In order to change to filament, all I did was cut off the back of the light housing, kinda like cutting the top off and egg I guess. Now I can just reach in and pull the bulbs whenever.

Owen

Guest Anonymous

cheers for the reply

I've already got the H4 in there.. all the housing, etc.. but you can buy these little ultra white/blue filaments (actually I can get them cheap from a mate that works at a distributor) and they simply replace the normal H4 globe/filament bit..

I'm just trying to figure out if I would be able to swap em around without taking the wheels off.. which is what you normally have to do to play around with the lights to any great degree.. from my knowledge anyways!